The Work Well Network is a group of services that provide free employment coaching for patients with mental health problems who are receiving treatment from a mental health team or psychological therapy service at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
All our Employment Specialists work alongside mental health professionals to provide integrated mental health employment support. We follow the eight principles of the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model, which has been recommended by NHS England for people with mental health problems:
- We will support you to find real paid work.
- We will not exclude you based on your job-readiness or your diagnosis.
- We will help you find the job that’s right for you.
- We will support you to start looking for work as soon as possible.
- We can help you get benefits advice so you are better off in work.
- We work alongside your mental health team to support your recovery.
- We can contact employers on your behalf, if you want us to.
- We will continue to support you after you start work.
We can help you:
- Decide what kind of job you want
- Create an eye-catching CV
- Brush up on your interview techniques
- Find job vacancies
- Complete job applications
We can also provide Job Retention support if you are already in work but off sick, having difficulty with your employer, or are at risk of losing your job.
Employment coaching is subject to local funding arrangements so is currently not available to everyone. To find out if your mental health team or therapy service can refer you to one of the Work Well employment coaching services, ask your care-coordinator or therapist.
Or you can contact the Work Well office on 020 3228 3221 or email@example.com for more information.
Please note that due to the current Covid-19 pandemic situation, all employment coaching appointments will be held over the phone or via video link. We are unable to offer any face-to-face appointments until further notice.